Singer 4452 vs Brother ST371HD – Which is Best
Singer 4452 vs Brother ST371HD: It’s challenging to decide between the Singer 4452 and the Brother ST371HD when it comes to sewing machines. Though both are wise decisions, which is the best? This comparison and evaluation between the Singer 4452 and the Brother ST371HD aims to aid you in determining which product is the better option for you.
Singer 4452 vs Brother ST371HD– Quick Comparison Summary
- Both the Singer 4452 and the Brother ST371HD have some amazing features in common, like an automatic needle threader, a 1-Step automatic buttonhole, an easy-to-load top drop-in bobbin system with a clear cover, a free arm, a dial for selecting the stitch or design, and many more.
- The Singer 4452 has three needle positions, but the Brother ST371HD only has one.
- The Singer 4452 has an extra-high sewing speed of 1,100 stitches per minute, while the Brother ST371HD has an extra-high sewing speed of 800 stitches per minute.
- While the Brother ST371HD lacks this feature, the Singer 4452 has adjustable presser foot pressure.
- Singer 4452 weighs 14.6 pounds, whereas Brother ST371HD weighs 18.4 pounds.
Singer 4452’s dimensions are 6.25 x 15.5 x 12 inches, while Brother ST371HD’s dimensions are 7.87 x 16.1 x 12.21 inches.
Compared to the Brother ST371HD sewing machine, the Singer 4452 is extremely popular on Amazon.
The Singer 4452 has 32 built-in stitches, while the Brother T371HD has 37 built-in stitches.
When compared to the more expensive Brother ST371HD, the Singer 4452 is the most cost-effective option.
Лучшие швейные машинки «Зингер» и Brother для сложных задач
Производители каждый год совершенствуют свою технику, которая сегодня способна обрабатывать, не портить капризные и плотные ткани, сшивать толстые и меховые материалы. Профессионалам и неопытным швеям известна швейная машинка зингер, которая стала передовицей отрасли, она была изготовлена в 1852 году. Со временем отрасль развивалась, потому стали появляться другие производители, готовые предложить покупателям различные модификации устройства.
Первую модель разработал основатель компании – Исаак Зингер , в честь которого и получила название техника. Устройство позволило заменить тяжелый ручной труд, сделать процесс пошива любой одежды быстрым, а результат – качественным. Все оборудование было механическим, приводилось в действие при помощи ручного рычага. С течением времени были разработаны и другие модификации – с ножным управлением. Сегодня компания выпускает разнообразные модели – от простых электромеханических, позволяющих выполнять до десяти операций, до сложных компьютерных устройств с микропроцессором, небольшим экраном. Такое оборудование позволит шить, вышивать, декорировать одежду.
Компания выпускает сложное оборудование, предназначенное для швейных фабрик. В линейке швейных машинок Singer представлены простые универсальные модели, которые позволят изготавливать, штопать, восстанавливать вещи дома, ателье или в небольших мастерских. В числе таких Tradition 2273. Это электромеханическая модель, которая подходит для опытных мастеров и начинающих швей. Пользователю предоставлена возможность выбирать режим из 23 операций, что даст возможность превратить работу в интересный творческий процесс. Техника позволит сэкономить время, поскольку оснащена нитевдевателем и системой автоматического выполнения петли.
Еще одна универсальная модификация – это Promise 1408. Она подходит для неопытных швей, позволяет выполнять 8 стандартных операций. Часто используется для ремонта, пошива вещей.
Разрабатывает и изготавливает технику японская компания. Современная швейная машина brother производительна и технологична, подходит для использования в ателье или дома. Среди популярных моделей Brother Prestige 300, которая выполняет все основные операции, подходит для шитья и ремонта одежды. Надежное оборудование получило ряд дополнительных опций, которые значительно облегяат работу мастера. В числе таких возможность настройки длины стежков, ширины выполняемых строчек, легкое переключение положения рейки-транспортера.
Среди лидеров электромеханическая модель Universal 25, позволяет (кроме главных функций) обработать легкие трикотажные изделия, эластические ткани, создавать петли. Значительно упростить работу нитевдеватель.
Brother st371hd vs Singer 4452 – Which is best and why?
If you are looking for a heavy-duty sewing machine that would not break the bank, BrotherST371HD and Singer 4452 are two of your leading options. These two sewing machines each have their prime qualities over each other and their contemporaries that you will learn about as you read on.
For a heavy-duty sewing machine that can give you great value for your money, Brother ST371HD weighs in more in stitch selections and accessories than Singer4452. It is a great mechanical heavy-duty sewing machine that is also capable of the usual sewing tasks. The Brother ST371HD lives up to its emblem, “strong and tough,” being the reliable heavy-duty sewing machine you can get at a bargain price but does the job and more.
Brother ST371HD Main Features
- Bobbin Features
The Brother ST371HD has an automatic bobbin winding system to make it easier for you to switch to a different thread easily. You can load other bobbins quickly with different threads with the automatic bobbin winder.
- Needle Benefits
The Brother Strong and Tough sewing machine has a built-in automatic needle threader where you can press on a little lever to help you with the tedious task of threading. A frayed or large thread is not a problem to fit into a small needle’s eye with the automatic needle threader.
The machine accepts heavyweight needles that can handle multiple and thick fabrics. It can also handle needles that can be used on light and delicate fabrics.
- 7 Built-in Stitches
The BrotherST371HD is equipped with 37 utility and decorative stitches. The number of stitches allows variety and versatility in choosing stitches for your sewing projects.
Singer 4452 Main Features
- High-speed Sewing
- Automatic Needle Threader
- 32 Built-in Stitches
- Stainless Steel Bedplate
- Interior Metal Frame
The Singer 4452 has an interior metal frame making the machine stable to work on even if you are sewing fast. The heavy-duty interior metal frame also ensures a skip-free sewing.
Similarities and Differences
BrotherST371HD and Singer 4452 are both identified as heavy-duty sewing machines. Here we will compare how they differ and how they are alike.
The most apparent difference between these two top heavy-duty basic sewing machines is their motor speed. The Singer 4452 can sew faster with a speed of 1100 stitches per minute than the BrotherST371HD, which runs at 800 stitches per minute. The high sewing speed of the Singer 4452 has been one of the machine’s selling points and edge over similar machine types.
The number of built-in stitches is where the Brother ST371HD leads. It comes with 37 built-in stitches, while the Singer 4452 has five fewer built-in stitches; making only 35 stitches. For a sewing expert, it is advantageous to have more built-in stitches as you can make more varied designs on your sewing project.
Presser Foot Pressure
The Singer 4452 has an adjustable pressure foot pressure, while the Brother ST371HD has a preset pressure foot pressure. Having an adjustable presser foot pressure is advantageous, especially when you are working on very thin or thick fabrics. Brother ST371HD is identified as a basic sewing machine which can explain why it has a preset presser foot pressure since newbies in sewing would not find it necessary to adjust the foot pressure. Having an adjustable presser foot pressure just like in the Singer 4452 is favorable to sewing experts who want to use this heavy-duty sewing machine.
The Brother ST371HD has a maximum stitch width of 7mm compared to the 6mm of the Singer brand. A wider stitch width shows greater flexibility of the Brother brand.
For a basic sewing machine that you would likely use for your daily sewing tasks, a lighter sewing machine would have the lead. But in this aspect, the Brother ST371HD and the Singer 4452 do not differ much. The singer 4452 weighs 14.6 pounds, while the Brother ST371HD weighs 14.3 pounds. You will not have any difficulty carrying any of these machines around the house or take to sewing classes.
Although sewing ability will not be affected by the stitch selection dial’s location, it is only proper to indicate their different locations in these two heavy-duty sewing machines. Brother ST371HD’s dial is on the side, which is not the usual place where you see the dial which is in front.
Good lighting is needed to create smooth and clean sewing work. It is good that both sewing machines have ample lighting using LED lights.
Both heavy-duty sewing machines are mechanical types and not computerized. These machines have basic mechanisms but are manufactured to be used in the sewing room for a long time.
Both machines are built to work on different fabric kinds, from the thinnest to the thickest ones. Both of these sewing machines are good on denim and lightweight fabrics. They are called heavy-duty also for being able to take on multiple layers of materials.
In terms of accessories included, both sewing machines hardly have any difference. The Brother ST371HD has 7 presser feet while the Singer machine has 6. Both include bobbins, screw driver, instruction manual, dust cover, etc. that can be normally found in the sewing machine package.
Both brands have a 25-year limited warranty and are robust enough to last you a long time with whatever type of fabrics you are working on.
The two heavy-duty sewing machines do not differ much in terms of functionality and built. Both are also made by trusted and leading manufacturers of sewing machines for many decades. So, the option now rests on the user’s skill level and brand preference.
Price and availability
The BrotherST371HD and Singer 4452 are basic mechanical heavy-duty sewing machines that are top brands and popular. The Singer 4452 is within the price range of $195 – $252, while BrotherST371HD is on the higher end of the price range of $252 -$309.
Both machines are available online and can be easily found on Amazon, where you can check great sewing machine deals and prices.
Customer Reviews and Recommendations
Different people have different needs and requirements from their sewing machines. As a newbie about to go on board with a basic sewing machine, you would want your first equipment to give you a good experience. For sewing experts, analyze the important parts that you can identify with among people of your same interests.
Compiled here is a review of the heavy-duty sewing machines BrotherST371HD and Singer 4452 from actual sewing machine users and customers.
– The machine sewed through 6 layers of heavy denim and did a good job. It is pretty straightforward to learn how to use.
– Once I had the machine out of its box, it was set up in minutes. I prefer the mechanical machine over the computerized ones. The extra stitches on the computerized machines go to waste as embroidery is mostly done by hand. I appreciate that none of the stitches skip, and it is easy to start sewing at the edge of the fabric without having to hold threads in the back. I am a very satisfied customer.
– The machine sews well on basic fabrics that are medium to lightweight. Each fabric requires a different kind of needle. The light on this machine is substandard. I’m not sure if it is LED or not, but the quality is terrible. I’m not impressed with the overall construction of this machine.
– Great machine! Five layers of sailboat canvas and whizzed right through them. The Brother ST731HD took on the task just as advertised.
– Comparing to Singer 4452, the build quality feels a lot better, and the pedal is easier to use for control. You will get a lot more for a bit less with the Brother.
– The feed dogs are very sluggish with anything heavier than a mid-weight fabric. I wish I had done a more in-depth search for reviews for this machine. It seemed like most reviews were favorable.
– Easily cuts through stacks of Cordura, webbing and the like. You can set the needle position both to the left and right; you can get the stitch on webbing around buckles much tighter to the buckle than using the Brother. The only con is that it needs to get off on a running start.
– This Singer Heavy Duty sewing machine had no trouble stitching thick fabric. The motor just breezed through the job. Impressive.
– This machine blows similarly priced machines from its competitors’ way. More durable, sturdier than expected for the price and weight. Easy to feed silky fabrics as well as upholstery fabrics.
– It did not work well from the first stitch. Very few things work well on this machine.
The reviews were a mix of newbies’ and experts’ positive and negative experiences for both brands of heavy-duty sewing machines. Finding the right sewing machine, whether it is your first or an addition to your collection, can be based on the analysis of actual users’ reviews and feedback but most importantly upon your discretion.
People Also Ask
Here are a few questions people ask about BrotherST371HD and Singer 4452. Most questions are elaborations on the features and advantages that the specific sewing machine provides.
List of Contents:
Can BrotherST371HD sew through many layers of denim?
The BrotherST371HD Strong and Tough sewing machine can sew through many layers of denim. This mechanical heavy-duty sewing machine was built to work on heavyweight and multiple layers of fabrics.
Is the Singer 4452 portable?
Even if the sewing machine has an interior metal frame, the almost 15lbs Singer 4452 is still easy to carry around. The outer parts are mostly made in plastic to keep the weight in check as most of its users will be beginners who may attend sewing classes.
Can I use the BrotherST371HD sewing machine for sewing with jersey/knit fabrics?
Yes, there are stretch stitch settings. The elastic overlock stitch works with elastic fabrics that need more stretch than the usual fabrics.
Will the Singer 4452 sew leather?
The machine can sew leather, providing one uses the correct needle (a leather needle), presser foot, thread and stitch settings for the weight/thickness of the leather.
Singer vs Brother Sewing Machine Comparison – Which is Better?
Anyone even remotely familiar with sewing machines would know that Singer and Brother are the two biggest brands when it comes to sewing machines.
Both have a history of producing some of the most high-quality sewing machines you find out there, and are popular enough to dominate the best seller list for pretty much every type of sewing machine too.
However, it goes without saying that you just can’t pick one over the other. Sure, one of these two brands would turn out to be better for certain users but it would depend on a few different factors, mainly the type of sewing machine you’re looking to buy and your budget.
So instead of just trying to pick one brand over the other on a general level, it makes sense to consider how these two brands compare as well as the different types of sewing machines so that you can choose the one that meets your needs and budget better.
Which is Better for Beginners? Singer vs Brother Detailed Comparison
Both Singer and Brother have their own unique advantages, but a lot depends on your needs and the type of sewing machine you’re looking to buy. This means that while one of them may turn out to be a better option for a certain type of users, the other may serve some different type of needs better.
So let’s do a detailed comparison of what these two brands offer in terms of the most important features so that you can decide which one fits your bill better.
Singer has a huge variety of machines that would quality as both budget-friendly and beginner-friendly sewing machines. However, while Brother has fewer of them, they are some of the best ones and are easily comparable to the most popular Singer sewing machines.
What are the important features of Singer Sewing Machines?
Some of the important features of most Singer sewing machines:
- Adjustable needle position which makes life easier for a beginner sewer
- Many different types of in-built stitches
- Many beginner-friendly Singer machines are surprisingly heavy duty
- Can sew through multi-layer fabrics and thick fabrics like denim as well
- Many of their machines also come with other beginner-friendly features like an adjustable pressure foot, automatic buttonhole feature, adjustable stitch length and more
- Durable and long-lasting, many of them can easily last for decades with some care
However, you would rarely get any fancy features or any type of bells and whistles with a budget beginner-friendly Singer. Of course, that’s certainly not the case with the more sophisticated and expensive models, as they do come with a long list of advanced features that would please the professional sewers.
What are the important features of a Brother Sewing Machine?
Brother offers some great beginner-friendly sewing machines as well, and some of them are indeed much better than their Singer counterparts especially if you’re looking for something well beyond the basic.
Brother sewing machines are often also much more versatile, with some of them also coming with a free arm or an extension table and serving multiple purposes like both sewing and quilting.
Many of them are also just as easy to use as some of the most beginner-friendly Singer machines, thanks to features like speed control, super easy bobbin winding, detailed stitch chart right on the machine itself, easy threading (even by hand), freehand quilting and many more.
In fact, some of the users mention how they have never sewn anything in their life before, but were able to do so right off the bat with a beginner-friendly Brother.
Which sewing machine is better for beginners – Singer vs Brother?
Many Brother machines also offer a much better value than their Singer counterparts as they offer a higher level of functionality and superior features for a considerably lower price than the latter.
If you’re an absolute beginner and want to avoid the steep learning curve, a beginner-friendly Brother is your best bet.
However, if you’re already familiar with the basics of sewing and will be do a lot of sewing or work on some demanding sewing tasks on a regular basis like sewing denim and other thick fabrics, then a heavy duty Singer would make more sense.
The Brother CS6000i and Brother HC1850 are a couple great all-round choices. If you’re on a super tight budget and completely new to sewing, the Brother XM2701 would hit the spot for you.
As for Singer, our picks would be the Singer 4452 and Singer 7258.
Which is the Best Serger for Beginners -Singer vs Brother?
Now that we have discussed the more beginner-friendly and general sewing machines, let us get to something more advanced: Sergers.
For beginners, Brother again seems to be having an edge with its models like the Brother 1034D, as they are both functional and beginner-friendly.
They are easy to set up and use, allow different types of adjustments to take out the challenge from serging depending on the type of tasks you’re working on including stitch adjustments and fabric adjustments, and are a great value for their price.
- This is a great replacement cord for your sewing machine, whether you’ve lost your old cord because of damage or loss.
- 2-Slot sewing machine power cord has a standard American jack, with American UL certification: E205765.18AWG high-quality wire gauge, over-current protection, over-temperature protection. (parameter information and certification information can be seen on the product, quality assurance) Before purchasing, please confirm again whether the interface is correct, you can refer to the picture, one end is square and the other is round.
- Power cord compatible for Brother CP-6500/7500/CS80/100/100T/770/4000/6000/6000i/6000T/6000B/8060/8072/8100/8150/8200/5055PRW CE-8080PRW/1100PRW/4000/8080PRW/4000PRW XR1300/1355/4000/7700/9000/9500PRW/4040/7700/3240/3000 BC2500/2300/2100/1000 ULT:ULT2001/2002D/2003D SE-270D/350/400 NV900D NC21-S2/S3 NS40/80 ES2000/2200/660/20 40/40WT/2000t/2010/2020/2210 HE-240 HS-1000/2000/2500/3000 HE-240/60E PE400D/500/150/180D/200/300S/ES2000/ES2200 EX-660 FS-20/40/40WT PC8200/8500 STAR:STAR140E/130E/120E
- Power cord compatible with Baby-Lock:BLL BLMR BLMY (Melody) BLG2 BLR BLR2 BLSR BLQC BLQC2 ESE3 ESG ESG2 ESG3 ESL BL6700 BLCC2. White:1740 1750 1780 2235 2999. Singer : 8780 (Curvy) 9217 9940 CE-150 CE-250 CE-350 CE-350 Curvy 8780 4166 5400 5500 7463 7464 7466 7467 7469 Limited Edition 5400 5500 5625 6160,9940 9960 Quantum Stylist 6180 6199 CE-150/250/350 9940 CE4000 CS100t BC2500/2300/2100/1000.
- Power cord compatible with Pfaff Bernina : 163 165 170 180 185 190 200 220 230 230PE 120 125 130 135 140 145 150 153 155 160 2010 1471 1472 1473 1475 2010 2124 2134 2140 2144 2170 Viking : 400 300 200 715 1100 1040 1050 1200 Interlude 445 435 Lily 555 550 545 540 535 530 500 1002LCD 1003LCD
- How long is the warranty/renew? We offer a hassle-free 12-month warranty and 24-hour friendly customer service. If there is any dissatisfaction with the product, or the parts are missing, please contact us at any time, whether it is a new one or a refund, we will definitely give you a satisfactory answer. Be responsible for your choice, let you place an order with peace of mind
- Competitive AC Power Cord-Charge Your Sewing Machine from any Port,Check Connector Photo to Ensure Compatibility
- Compatible with: Brother Singer White Baby-Lock Viking, Pfaff Sewing Machine
- Power Cord Type: 2-Slot, 18 AWG x 2C, 250V 10A; Length: 6 FT
- 100% Compatible with Original AC Cord
- UL Listed: Tested, Approved and Certified by UL.
- Direct replacment for power cords used on Brother, Singer, Bernina, Baby-Lock, Viking, White Sewing Machines
- 15P plug end to C7 polarized , AC125V 10A 1250W , UL Approved
- High quality 2 pin polarized power cord.
A more advanced model like the Brother DZ1234 also offers a more consistent stitch quality, a great differential feed ratio, high speed stitching, surprisingly easy overclocking and a ton of versatility.
The Singer ones like the Singer 9960 and Singer 14CG754 come with many more bells and whistles though, while also covering all the essential features well. But that comes with a much higher price tag too.
Some of the more advanced features of these Singer sergers include self-adjusting tension, built-in rolled hems, decent stitching speed, wide flatlock, trim bin and many more.
However, they are also more difficult to use and get familiar with.
You should go for one of the Brother sergers if you prefer ease of use and versatility and the Singer 9960 if you’re after all the advanced features. The Singer 14CG754 can make a good fairly advanced serger too but not without trade-offs.
Which Embroidery Machine is best for beginners – Singer vs Brother?
Brother absolutely dominates when it comes to embroidery machines, as it offers a huge variety of options as against only a couple real options from Singer.
In fact, it manages to grab 3 out of 5 spots on our list of the best embroidery machines on the market.
The Brother PE800 is an incredible choice for professional embroidery work with virtually unlimited design options, super large work field, color LCD touchscreen, on-screen editing and a ton of other advanced features. To your surprise, however, it still manages to be very beginner-friendly, which is what helps Brother offer the best of both worlds.
The Brother SE600 is another great choice for those looking for a cheaper option. It comes with a large color touchscreen too.
The Singer 9960 isn’t a bad option for embroidery work, but professionals wouldn’t find it too impressive. However, users that aren’t looking to do professional work but rather a variety of sewing tasks would find it to be a more versatile option.
As we mentioned above, there isn’t a clear winner here. However, if you have gone through everything we discussed above, you can see that Brother has an edge over Singer in many areas, especially for embroidery machines and when looking for a higher level of versatility.
But that’s not saying Singer doesn’t have its place anywhere. It’s certainly a great choice when you’re looking for something more durable and heavy duty on a budget; something that can sew through otherwise hard-to-sew fabrics smoothly and can handle a lot of sewing without giving any trouble.
Head to Head Comparison of Singer vs Brother Sewing Machines
When comparing and contrasting Singer and Brother sewing machines, there are several key points to consider:
1. Performance and Stitch Quality:
- Both Singer and Brother sewing machines generally offer good stitch quality.
- Singer machines are known for their smooth and even stitches, resulting in professional-looking finished projects.
- Brother machines also provide excellent stitch quality, suitable for a wide range of fabrics.
- Singer offers a variety of models with different features to cater to different needs. However, some basic models may have fewer advanced features compared to Brother.
- Brother sewing machines often come packed with a wide range of features such as automatic needle threading, extensive built-in stitches, adjustable speed control, and more.
3. Ease of Use:
- Many users find both Singer and Brother sewing machines easy to set up and operate.
- Singer provides straightforward controls and user-friendly interfaces that are intuitive for beginners.
- Brother machines typically have user-friendly features like automatic needle threading, making them convenient for sewers of all skill levels.
4. Reliability and Durability:
- Both brands are generally considered reliable and durable, although individual models may vary.
- Some users appreciate the robust build quality of Singer machines, which ensures longevity even with heavy usage.
- Brother machines are also well-regarded for their durability and ability to handle prolonged stitching sessions.
5. Price Range:
- The price range can vary significantly between models from both brands.
- Generally, entry-level Singer sewing machines tend to be more affordable than comparable Brother models.
- Higher-end or feature-rich models from both brands may be similarly priced.
It’s important to note that specific models within each brand can differ in terms of performance, features, and price. Therefore, it’s essential to consider individual model specifications when making a detailed comparison between specific Singer and Brother sewing machine options.